Friday, October 17, 2014

The Need For Greed

I wanted my blog to be funny, because I have so much humor, and I love to laugh. Sadly, it hasn't been so funny. For that I nearly apologize.

Normally, my life is drama free. Then my Aunt passes, and instead of allowing myself and my family any peace, I have this crazy ex husband that insists on creating hell.

He moved, at least he said he moved, he then said he hasn't moved but he is moving, either way, he won't follow the law on relocation, only giving me the name of the town. This isn't the first time, I have filed contempt on him before, in June for this same thing I have filed again, and we have court October 31 at 8:30 AM.

He has began a new campaign of nasty texts. Accusing me of abusing my son. We do not use physical punishment in my home. 100% because my children witnessed domestic violence, and now have a hard time understanding that when you are angry or when things don't go your way, the answer isn't to hit the other person. All of this, because I was married to a man that hasn't ever had any self control.

Yet there he sits, saying "the child had lumps all over his head the last time I had him." My child never has lumps on his head, unless he bumps his head, which hasn't happened in quite some time. First of all, if he had a bump on his head, I would have known and would have informed his father to keep an eye on him. If he had multiple lumps on his head, I certainly would have known, and if I didn't know, and he did, why on earth would he not say something? He also has the child for 1 day, he picks him up Saturday, and I go get him on Sunday. Why on Sunday when I picked him up would he not say "He has several lumps on his head, keep an eye on him." OR "He has several lumps on his head, take him to the doctor." OR since he is a parent too, a child has several lumps on his head, TAKE HIM TO URGENT CARE! However, none of those things happened.

Now, I did ask my son about it. He's almost 5 and he knows. His reply was that his dad hit his head on a chair, and it made him have a bump. He wasn't listening, and dad was yelling at him when it happened. The bump wasn't there Sunday when I picked him up, so it must have happened Saturday. Now, the child is going with his dad tomorrow,  and before he goes, I am going to have another person look my child over, probably an officer. I don't know what he is trying to do, and I don't know how far he will go.

After the ex made his accusations, he followed up with several threats. I don't take his threats lightly. He  is my abuser. He is inventing reasons to make threats, already trying to create a defense for the next time he beats me. I'm extremely concerned, and not real sure what I can do. Guess it's time to call the victims advocate back up.

I want as many people as possible to know, that THIS is DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. You can leave the relationship, but when you have a child with you abuser YOU CANNOT LEAVE THE SITUATION. Indiana law says victim or not, suck it up, and deal with your abuser. I am forced to deal with this from him every day, calling the police is pointless, I've called multiple times. With abuse, leaving doesn't matter when your abuser refuses to let you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment