Friday, January 2, 2015

Grateful Moments

As I started 2015 yesterday, wonderful things happened.

I have spent the past 3 years working on being happy. I succeeded in doing that, and was happy with myself, and with what I had. My needs were always met, my life was joyful, my home comforting, my children thrived, our relationship strengthened. Life was going great.

Have you ever listened to Shania Twain's song, Love Gets Me Every Time? Well there are parts of the song that explains my thoughts and feelings ...

Life was goin' great
Love was gonna have to wait
Was in no hurry-had no worries
Stayin' single was the plan
Didn't need a steady man

I was quite content
Just a-payin' my own rent
It was my place-I needed my space
I was free to shop around
In no rush to settle down

Oh yea, that's a GREAT tune! I was totally feeling it! However, as the song goes .. 

I had it covered-'til I discovered
That love gets me every time
My heart changed my mind

Don't get me wrong, I still pay my own rent, I still have my own place, I still need my own space, because nothing can happen so fast, I still need time, and a bigger home must be found . otherwise 5 children and 2 adults in a 2 (put the third bedroom back in so 3) bedroom home?? AND SOME TIMES TEN KIDS?? Not enough SPACE!! Not to mention that 4 of the ten are TEENAGERS and 3 of those are GIRLS!  Let's not jump into all that so fast, it's a lot! 

The guy is WONDERFUL and I am so grateful that I waited for someone amazing to come along. Best thing I ever chose was to stay single. Regaining my independence, putting things into my own perspective, seeing the bigger picture, letting God take me to where he needed me to be, all things that I just feel eternally blessed for. My life hasn't been easy, I have made so many less than desirable, less than wise choices. All for a reason though. 

Without the bad, the good doesn't matter. It's impossible to know joy is you haven't been miserable. I have been to the bottom and sucked it dry. I dug a hole that no one could help me climb out of. I broke every fingernail on my hand, I injured every toe on my foot, but I climbed. It was hard, it was painful, it was cold and lonely, but today I'm out of it and walking on steady ground. No shovel in hand! 

Now here is this guy, that sees my broken self, he sees the missing pieces, he sees the anger, the destruction surrounding me, the unavoidable mess of a huge storm that left everything crumbled around me. Most would say, "That's a lot of mess, you better go clean it up!"Not him though, he says "Here, let me help move this stuff out of the way."

Who could say no to that? No, he isn't cleaning up and putting things back together, but he helps, more than I will ever be able to explain. I have kept this under wraps for a time, I didn't know what would happen. The longer it goes on the better it gets, and he's in it as long as I allow him to be, so ladies and gentlemen, I have decided, this will not be over anytime soon, possibly never. It's time for me to have a life, and stop living solitary. I don't mean literally, I am not ready to live the "married" life, not yet!! There is, and I openly admit, people that are now equally important to myself, as my children and family are.

I am not, single, any longer, and I am not unhappy about it.

Happy Friday! Be Blessed!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment