Friday, February 7, 2014

Angry for the wrong reasons

Ok, for anyone to understand anything I talk about (relating to my family) you have to know a few things. 1. My mother and my Aunt Mary are identical twins (I know, I don't know what God was thinking either). 2. My family is multiracial. I'm white, my cousin Bobbie, my Aunt Mary's daughter, is native American brown. We also have Mexican, Philippine, black, Asian, etc.

Due to our difference in hue, a lot of people can't accept that Bobbie and I are related, we share half a strand of DNA for the love of God! Years ago, it was shortly after Kroger began using the Kroger plus card, I had come to Indiana to visit Mary and Bobbie. We'd went to the store, Bobbie bought stuff and so did I, however the Kroger in Findlay Ohio wasn't using the plus card yet, but the Kroger in Plymouth Indiana was. When it came time to pay, I asked Bobbie for her card, the cashier goes NUTS! You have to be related to use her card! I said "we're cousins." She said "no you aren't!" I said "is this because I'm white?" Bobbie said "brooke let it go." Literally years have passed, we still talk about that day at Kroger, and that cashier, and we LAUGH. Why? Because it's funny, that's why.

Know what's not funny, at least not to Bobbie (I still laugh when it happens, and it happens a lot) calling a native American a Mexican (or any racial slur meaning Mexican). Bobbie used to be the gm of long John silver's, we both by the way hate fish, a customer in the drive through mistakenly called Bobbie a spic. There is only one thing you can do when you're met with racial slurs, and that's get down with racial stereotypes. Bobbie stops what she's doing, starts booty dancing, and begins to (woo woo woo woo) stops and says "I'm an Indian, get it! Lol!!!!!!!! It was the funniest shit I've ever seen, no really it was that good.

She works as a manager at a burger king now. Racist people eat there too, asking her if she realized this isn't taco bell, and others trying to order tacos. She's not the boss of everyone anymore, so she fakes a laugh and urges them to order their fucking burger.

This is not limited to anyone by the way, Hispanic people make fun of her for not speaking Spanish! It's lose lose for Bobbie ... white people tease her for not serving tacos, Hispanics tease her for not speaking Spanish, and she's like the last Indian in the United States, or at least Indiana.

When I told her about this blog, she said I have a right to get mad damn it! I said oh yea, but do you know what that right is? Lol! And this by the way, was a hilarious conversation. Then I informed her that in the future ill blog about Noah, that blog will be titled secret Asian man. Hmm, I wonder why that is?

To be continued ......

No comments:

Post a Comment